The Cell and Protein Engineering and Screening Facility
was set-up to provide technical services that will promote and advance
research projects within the Institute.
The CPES currently provides the following services:
- DNA cloning into mammalian and bacterial expression
- Generation of recombinant proteins in bacteria for
- Polyclonal antibody design and production (Dundee
- Stable cell line generation
- Homologous gene-targeting of constructs into mammalian
cells to yield cell lines with epitope-tagged genes.
- Knockout cell line generation (in collaboration
- Screening of focused siRNA libraries in mammalian
cells for various readouts (western blotting, FACS, microscopic phenotypes,
cell viability etc).
Other services will become available as required
such as chemical-library screening, baculovirus expression, protein
purification (AKTA), biochemical assays, survival assays etc.
- Tissue culture (stable cell lines, knockout cell
lines, endogenous gene tagging, siRNA-based screens)
- Recombinant protein production
- Molecular biology
- Yeast genetics
Potential expertise in the future:
- TLR reporter system to study repair pathways
- Opera High Content Screening System
- Incucyte live cell imaging